RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a pair of the fat T bars on my Warrior. They make the bike look lower and give it the fat look. Big difference in appearance and riding position. I learned alot when installing them so if you plan on this let me know and I can give you a heads up on some of the tricks to make the install easier.

The throttle cable can hang you up a bit as well as the bar bolts themselves. I had to purchase those from a hardware store.

These bars are worth the money and they fit perfect. The only thing I want to do later is re-route the gray cables through the bars.

See the parts for sale section for a few of my take offs.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bolt thread is different from the existing bar mounts to the "t" bar's. Try to get bolts about the same length as the fixed bolts on existing one,s. You will be putting the two big mounting bolts in from under the triple tree (they are metric but can't remember the size, take your new handlebar into the hardware shop). **Important** Use an allen and undo the four instrument housing bolts so you can ease the instrument and headlight forward a little. That way you can slip the two large mounting bolts up and in. They hit otherwise.

Make sure you put the clutch lever housing on the left side bar BEFORE YOU tighten the new bar down. Otherwise it won't slip on because the cables too short. The throttle side can be done later. The throttle cable is a little tricky to get back together. Try loosinging the cable as far as it will go by the adjuster.

Cover your tank and fender with heavy material to protect it. Metal pieces will be sliding all over at times.

I took a knife and cut my left grip off the old handlebar so I could get the clutch housing off. I am using a Yamaha custom grip set on the new bar.

Let me know how its goes. Its the kinda job that easy once you do it. Its like brain surgery I guess.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It changes the stance of the bike. It seems to really give it a lower profile. After I put it on I pulled into the brand new Harley store parking lot. Looking from the store back at my bike mixed in with all the Harley's the Warrior with those meaty tires, fat wide tank, and now with those fat bars Oh Boy! Don't you gotta love it! The bikes profile makes the Harley in the lot look weak.

I like the riding position. It seems to lower you out of the parachute effect some. Not sure about the twisty stuff yet. I'll be hitting the Ortega this weekend.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Biggums,

I just purchased your footpegs on e-bay. I also have to put the T-bars on this weekend. Wondering if you took any pics or are you going to take some pics so we all can see how they look. Thanks for the write-up, should make things easier.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the purchase on the pegs. They are brand new and should look good.

I'll try to get some pics on. You will love the look of yours when you put those bars on. Let me know if you have questions on the install.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Biggums,

Now I have to design some nice footpeg holders at work tommorow. Will post a pic when done.

For now, I have to figure out how to run those wires in those T-bars. Any ideas or clues.

Thanks,

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts