RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some info for other Yamaha levers that swap with our warriors.
Road Star 1600 and Road Star 1700 by just swapping over.
I'm not sure if this is known but here it is.

Btw, the Road Star 1700 levers feel great when using them as there wider then the Kuryakyn Wide blade levers.

These levers from both Road Star 1600 and Road Star 1700 swap with the warrior.

Road Star 1600 Lever finishes by Year
(Exact same levers as the warrior)

Aluminum finish-
Clutch Lever 4WM-83912-00-00
Brake Lever 5EY-83922-00-00
1999-2003 All models

Road Star 1700 Lever finishes by Year/Model
(Wide blade, wider then Kuryakyn Wide blade)

Aluminum finish -
Clutch Lever 5VN-83912-00-00
Brake Lever 5VN-83922-00-00

2004 Models
2005 - 2007 Non Midnight Models
2005 - 2010 Non S Models
(All Regular Models 2005-2010)

--------------------------

Chrome finish-
Clutch Lever 5VN-83912-10-00
Brake Lever 5VN-83922-10-00

2005 - 2007 Midnight Models
2008 - 2014 S Models

All this info is based off of Partzilla with hours of research.

I wanted to know which models and years has what so I had to find out and since I did I though this may help some out later.

Comparison pictures below
Warrior/R* 1600, R* 1700, Kuryakyn

Warrior/R* 1600, Kuryakyn, R* 1700

Warrior/R* 1600, R* 1700, Kuryakyn

Before Stock, After Road Star 1700

Road Star 1700

·
Registered
630 Posts
Great write up! I’m tempted to go with the wider ones. Do you know if there are any that are adjustable or anything like that? I’d like a pair that are black and I’ve only seen chrome or aluminum ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[email protected] Rudy....
You've put some work into this..

And thnks this is really helpful...

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk
You may like these wider levers.
I've done so many lever bearings on the road star group and knew these would work but I went into more detail.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great write up! I’m tempted to go with the wider ones. Do you know if there are any that are adjustable or anything like that? I’d like a pair that are black and I’ve only seen chrome or aluminum ones.

I haven't seen any adjustable levers you can just swap over.

Theres no black levers like these just those aluminum and chrome finish. The midnights aren't even black lol.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)

·
Registered
630 Posts

Theres no black levers like these just those aluminum and chrome finish. The midnights aren't even black lol.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)
Darn shame. I may in the future if I can find the wider ones get them powder coated and send them you way for the bearing mod.

·
Registered
630 Posts

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)
Darn shame. I may in the future if I can find the wider ones get them powder coated and send them you way for the bearing mod.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

No problem Lol.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)

·
Registered
863 Posts
Great info!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
27,893 Posts
Top drawer tech detail as always, thank you for posting this. I'm again reminded how often you earn the Member of the Year and I wish the forum would attach your Badge but still getting noplace, they say cannot add RSW-specific badges, the badges are shared between all forums they own. Disaster IMO. I wish you would integrate your badge into your sigpic. It would help newer members to recognize wassup. Just my penny.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Top drawer tech detail as always, thank you for posting this. I'm again reminded how often you earn the Member of the Year and I wish the forum would attach your Badge but still getting noplace, they say cannot add RSW-specific badges, the badges are shared between all forums they own. Disaster IMO. I wish you would integrate your badge into your sigpic. It would help newer members to recognize wassup. Just my penny.
Thank you..
I wanted to add this info to the forum last year but wanted to have all 3 levers in hand to show.

I'm still thinking one adding the badges to my Sig but also not wanting to lose what's there now though it's used more space then currently allowed. But I'll get to that and change it up lol.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)

·
Premium Member
8,542 Posts
….. I'm still thinking one adding the badges to my Sig but also not wanting to lose what's there now though it's used more space then currently allowed. But I'll get to that and change it up lol.
Rudy Jeremias (rij1)
Be forewarned once you change your signature there is no way to go back 😕 your current sig exceeds the new format as does mine too!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Be forewarned once you change your signature there is no way to go back your current sig exceeds the new format as does mine too!

View attachment 247934
Thats why I'm hesitant on it so far. I may add the badges to my profile pic. I'm still undecided at this point so far.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Good intel about the signature, I was thinking of messing with it, adding badges! I would recommend doing the bearing addition to whatever lever you are using! I am using the Kuryakyn wide, but the bearing upgrade is a great upgrade! do it! Thanks for the info! You are very insightful!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts