RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering purchasing the Yamaha mini fairing and I was wondering if there any restrictions to handlebar swap outs with the fairing.

Also, has anyone used flush mount turn signals in their mini fairing in replace of their stock turn signals?

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Just put the mini fairing on last week. I have stock bars with Barons 2 up & 1&3/4 back (or verse visea) risers, no problems.

I have been looking for some flush fit turn signals to mount in the fairing, nothing has tripped my trigger yet. Got any links?

TIA,
Churchkey

·
Registered
717 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Churchkey

Just put the mini fairing on last week. I have stock bars with Barons 2 up & 1&3/4 back (or verse visea) risers, no problems.

TIA,
Churchkey

That is the kickback riser, correct?

·
Registered
121 Posts
quote:Originally posted by cabexbx

Thanks JD...did you use the stock risers with the bars?
Yes, I am running the stock risers. I plan on going with the Barons kickback risers in the near future.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Churchkey...I have the Ti so I was thinking I'd go with a carbon fiber look. Lockhart-Phillips has a handful of different applications. Go to Accessories and then there's a category for flush mount turn signals.

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/miscairtech/turnsignals.html

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
quote:Originally posted by geestar

quote:Originally posted by Churchkey

TIA,
Churchkey

That is the kickback riser, correct?

Hey Geestar, You are correct, Kickback risers.

Later,
Churchkey

·
Registered
104 Posts
cabexbx, If you decide to use LED's in the fairing, watch out, I have heard they are not very visable if they are viewed at an angle, that they show best if veiwed from perpendicular to the mounting surface. Check Bill1943 website, see his turn signal setups, he had his led's set parallel to his forks but had to change them. He make them vertical so they would shine directly at cars so they could be seen well. If you do put them in the fairing, I'd like to see a pic, I don't think anyone else has done this and posted a picture. Could look very clean.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Hey Cabexbx, Thanks.

Later,
Churchkey

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey cabexbx, welcome and thanks for the links, some pretty neat stuff in there, mostly sport bike stuff but the accessories can be easily adapted.

·
Registered
174 Posts
? on the yamaha TT fat bar, saw a post but cant find it in search. what size hole on each side and are the bars clear to the top of the tree. tried to blow air though them and get no air through the bottom of the tees. hate to drill a hole and find they have not been cut/drilled prior to welding.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts