RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie that only weighs a buck sixty. I'm getting blasted by wind at higher speeds and have noticed in the gallery a number of riders with the factory faring. I'm interested to know what you think of them. Do they help a little, a lot, or what?? Thanks

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Hey bernieb,

Welcome to the forum!!

I don't have the factory fairing but what I have read on prior post is that they take the pressure off your cheast but not much off of your head.

Harley Jones

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bernie, I have the mini fairing and it made riding at 70-80 a whole lot more comfortable. I can relax my grip and it makes for a less tiring ride. It doesn't block all the wind. The wind hits you in the upper chest area and above so your are not a human parachute. If you are looking for a Goldwing type ride, this isn't it. I wear a full face helmet and don't have any trouble riding all day. My .02. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
bernieb, I wight only 150 and get blasted too. The mini fairing definitely helps and I guess we should be greatful YAmmi makes it, otherwise the clear shield would have been the only option.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome to the forum, bernieb, from another newbie. I'm almost 6 ft. tall and 250 pounds. My warrior has the "big shot" windshield from Memphis Shades. It works OK up to about 60 MPH, then considerable buffeting around the hat takes over. If I could rebuy, it would be a larger windshield, such as the largest Memphis Fats, or better. The tradeoff for the large shield is increased wind resistance. I'm riding the bike for transportation (truck broken), so anything is good during rainy weather.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
What they said & sport bike riders will wave at ya.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
have sports faring and heips out alot without sacrificing the feel of riding free. have had larger farings on other bike but they hinder visability at night, in fog, and when raining. It comes down to personal choice, do you want full pertecion or performance and looks. each has there pluses and minuses. the sports faring is the easiest to install, takes about ten minutes. and if you don't like it you can always sell it on this forum. also rifle makes some decent farings of diffent styles, but are more complicated to install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts