RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to my Yamaha dealer Mechanic.i dont know if he was blowing smoke up my rear end but....(no pun intended)he swear up and down he will have the parts within a month.man i am getting anxious.i have 11 k on my '02.everytime i ride i think when it will lock up?oh well.i dont ride hard so hopefully the parts will get here soon.!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I contacted Yamaha Corporate Customer Service (YCCS) thru a back door access phone number (dealer-only). The guy I talked to seemed to be competent and informed. He claims parts have shipped from Japan and priority deliveries will arive at dealerships starting the first week in March. However, only 2 kits per dealer per week at the outset of the program. More as production output ramps up. Owners that call and report that their bike is impounded at a dealership can request priority delivery of parts. Need to provide dealer name, location, bike VIN number, and original date of impoundment.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Spoke w/ my dealer this morning. He was at Yamaha's "Service Update" class yesterday. He said they said 1600 kits have been released. 1700 kits will be 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
1600 kits were released a couple weeks ago. My dealer is on their third Roadstar already, while my Warrior sits and waits. Everyone I talk to - including Yamaha reps - have different stories. Summed up - CLUELESS. You'd think someone in California would pick up the phone and call Japan. Here ya go Yamaha - this is all you have to ask... "Mushi Mushi - where the **** are the parts? Arigato gozaimas. Otsukaresama deshi ta. Buh bye." - Jim

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
what fredster said. no 1700 kits yet, should start to ship within the next 2 weeks. the only kits out now are 1600 road star kits!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I called my dealer with whom I left my name with about a month ago. He said that they had already done three warriors. I was down on the list though so my bike probably has another month of sitting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in the process of purchasing a warrior that was waiting on a recall kit. The service manager told me that he had been putting a lot of pressure on Yamaha to get him the kit out since I had made the deal on the bike well over a month ago. At any rate, he received the kit yesterday. Coincidently so did my parts from OE which my dealership is going to install free of charge. They say it should be done next week!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts