RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day guys,
Thanx to everyone for the feedback regarding the LED rear indicator issue I had. Your advice was invaluable.
I intend to upgrade my Warrior's rear wheel to an 18 inch size rim and was wondering if the standard size 18 inch rear wheel of the Yamaha Raider will fit on the standard swing arm of a Warrior, and if so, did any Warrior owners attempt this conversion before.
Regards.

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
There is a couple of threads on this and I have never personally seen or tried it. But no a Raider rim is not a direct bolt on to a Warrior swingarm. You would need a Raider swingarm, rim, brakes, I think pulley and maybe a few odds and ends. Need to do a little more research.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Here's info I had put together though lots of time and research.

Info for the Swimgarm conversion.
Stratoliner/Roadliner Or Raider Swimgarm. (End of raider differs from the others)

The following works for either swingarm. Raider/Stryker wheel (3 styles-All black, All Clear coated aluminum, Black/aluminum) Raider/stryker/Stratoliner/Warrior wheel spacers.

Warrior/raider/Stratoliner/Roadliner axle,washer and nut. (Warrior axle is 3/4" longer) Stratoliner/Roadliner/Raider axle adjusters.

Stratoliner/Roadliner/Raider shock,relay and links.(Spring is optional but 1900's fit better but Warriors can be used) (Liner links sit higher, Raider lower 1 3/8", Raider lowering links lower 1 3/4")

Stratoliner/Roadliner rotor and caliper bracket OR Raider/Stryker rotor and caliper bracket.(you can't mix them up)(1900's and warrior caliper can be used)

Warrior hub Raider 66T rear pulley (higher gear ratio) Or Warrior 70T rear pulley Or Stratoliner/Roadliner 70T rear pulley 136 T 1 1/8" Dive Belt with warrior pulley 136T 1 1/2" Drive Belt with Liner pulley 134T 1 1/8" Drive Belt with Raider pulley

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
You actually can use a Raider rear wheel with the warrior swingarm but you'll need to be able to weld aluminum and lightly remove swingarm material. Its allot of work and the option above is preferred.

·
Administrator
28,547 Posts
See, now THIS is a thread. Boom. Out from no-where into know-where. I cannot wait for the first hands-on DIY mod thread. Its gonna happen eventually, the info-genie is outta-the -bag now. Rudy you know this means eighty of us are gonna invade your place and rustle-around to find what other tasty treats you've been researching. Stop bogarting. Spill it!! Oh, and stock-up the brew shelf!

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Haha, I actually would be ok with a big hang out working on bikes all day.

I don't know if I will be actually doing this mod because I would wanna match the front but if I do come across the parts and an extra front raider wheel I am going to try and come up with a way both wheels would work on the warrior. While the front wheel is 3/4" wider from the looks of the raider wheel the hob could be machined down enough to work.

I wanted to try the raider wheel on the warriors swingarm which to me would look better as the Raider/Stratoliner swingarm is 2" longer thus putting the wheel further back. But it does still look good that way.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Didnt Member Richesrty do the Raider wheel on the warrior swing arm

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk
Sounds familiar.
I know racerxjim did some years back and we were taking about it.
A bunch of guys have done it but the info was limited.
I did get a bunch of info from a friend that had both his Roadliner and Raider in pieces a few years ago and I kept notes of the differences in parts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts