RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This hosted 3-page Adobe file is also available in the Downloads Forum.
Corrections noted in Red and dated by author for the following changes:
  • Chapter 6 Fuel Injection System Page 42
    • Reason: Improper conversion
      • 3.28 kg/cm2 = 46.6 psi
  • Chapter 7 Electrical System -Fuel Injection System Page 61
    • Reason: The Blue wire (L) is not an Output, it is the +DC supply
      • IAPS Cyl 1 output = pink/white
      • IAPS Cyl 2 output = pink/yellow
  • Chapter 7 Electrical System -Fuel Injection System Page 62
    • Reason: The Blue wire (L)is not an Output, it is the +DC supply
      • APS output = pink
FWIIW .... While updating and incorporating stowawarrior’s ECU Pinout into the Warrior wiring diagram, link shown below, I happened upon several errors in the factory shop manual so made the corrections and also included an oldie for the fuel pump and FPR operation.
  1. Updated Warrior Wiring Diagram now 3 Pages: Warrior Wiring Diagram w/Text Descriptors Added - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
Alan,

Just when I think there is nothing more that can be done in regards to the Warrior, you always find a new way to impress the schit out of me. That is really good stuff and while most everyone will never have to even look at that information, someone, somewhere, one day will look at this and it will be a virtual life saver to them. Thanks for all your hard work involving everything you have done for all of us.

CAD

·
Premium Member
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Output Voltage Corrections Pg 7-61 & 7-62

This hosted 3-page Adobe file is also available in the Downloads Forum.
Corrections noted in Red and dated by author for the following changes:
  • Chapter 6 Fuel Injection System Page 42
    • Reason: Improper conversion
      • 3.28 kg/cm2 = 46.6 psi
  • Chapter 7 Electrical System -Fuel Injection System Page 61
    • Reason: The Blue wire (L) is not an Output, it is the +DC supply
      • IAPS Cyl 1 output = pink/white
      • IAPS Cyl 2 output = pink/yellow
  • Chapter 7 Electrical System -Fuel Injection System Page 62
    • Reason: The Blue wire (L)is not an Output, it is the +DC supply
      • APS output = pink
FWIIW .... While updating and incorporating stowawarrior’s ECU Pinout into the Warrior wiring diagram, link shown below, I happened upon several errors in the factory shop manual so made the corrections and also included an oldie for the fuel pump and FPR operation.
  1. Updated Warrior Wiring Diagram now 3 Pages: Warrior Wiring Diagram w/Text Descriptors Added - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums
INTAKE & ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE SENSOR OUTPUT VOLTAGE CORRECTIONS PAGES 7-61 & 7-62
13. Intake air pressure sensor 1 output voltage = 3.75 ~ 4.25 DCV

14. Intake air pressure sensor 2 output voltage = 3.75 ~ 4.25 DCV

15. Atmospheric pressure sensor output voltage = 3.75 ~ 4.25 DCV
Downloadable file listed below

·
Premium Member
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Lean Angle Sensor Pg 7-20 Testing Procedure Corrected

12. Lean angle cut-off switch voltage
  • Testing procedure has been rewritten depicting proper use of 0-20vdc scale and not continuity test.
  • Wire colors and polarity corrected for checking the device.
  • Note added to clearify method of test:
    • LAS must be connected to main wire harness and probed to verify output voltages with Key-On
Downloadable file listed below

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IGNITION SYSTEM-Page 7-19 Ignition Coil Correction

Page 7-19 Ignition System
  • Corrected orientation/view of Warrior Dual Output coil as outlined in Red
Downloadable file listed below for your YFSM
Note: Time permitting i'll post a new thread in the Technical Forum titled: Warrior OEM Ignition Coils 101 as there is some confusion regarding the proper trouble shooting & testing procedures!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I want to bench test a LAS. In order to do that, could I connect 12 volts to the yellow/green and blue/black and then measure the voltage as I pitch the sensor up and down? Looking at the wiring diagram yellow/green is the center post and blue/black is on the left.

·
Premium Member
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to bench test a LAS. In order to do that, could I connect 12 volts to the yellow/green and blue/black and then measure the voltage as I pitch the sensor up and down? Looking at the wiring diagram yellow/green is the center post and blue/black is on the left.
NO!
The LAS is powered by the ECU 5vdc Isolated power supply (Pins 10 & 34) as shown in the enclosed wiring diagram Item 21.
Yellow/Green wire is the LAS Output that will vary based on the inclination of the device. Blue wire is +5vdc input & Black/Blue wire is the Isolated Ground. You'll connect your volt meter across the Yellow/Green & Black/Blue wires for testing purposes.

I would suggest back probing the device on the bike as per the corrected procedure above Lean Angle Sensor Pg 7-20 Testing Procedure Corrected

If you have a 5vdc power source then it can certainly be bench tested off the bike.
  • Page 1-16 Lean Angle Cut-Off Switch of the YFSM (Yamaha Factory Service Manual) is an excellent read about this device imo.

·
Premium Member
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 13 of 13 Posts