RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get rid of the stock bars on my 2002 Warrior, but now that I have started looking for some new ones (would like Yamaha T bars I think?) I am confused by the height, pull back and width measurements.What are the stock specs. and what would a guy like me (6', 200lb.) be most comfortable with? I have no idea, but would like to get the mod done by April 1, I always go on a birthday ride ;) Anyone with some insight please throw me some info, Thanks!

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Compliments of Arizona Warrior:

Pick your model bike below, that is your baselinepullback, rise, and width.

Then pick your bars, and do the math to see what the difference is in pullback, rise, width.

As you shop bars, get all three dimensions to compare against your model year baseline.

Baselines:

Handlebars - Stock - 2002-2003: 11-1/2" pullback 34" wide 6" rise (risers 100mm center-to-center)
Handlebars - Stock - 2004-2008: 13" pullback 34" wide 5-1/2" rise (risers 100mm center-to-center)

Handlebars - Warrior Bend - 2002-2008: 11-3/8" pullback, 33-3/8" wide, 6-1/2" rise
Handlebars - Barons Radius - 2002-2008: 7-1/2" pullback 33" wide 7-1/2" rise
Handlebars - Barons Bomber - 2002-2008: 5-1/2" pullback 33" wide 4-1/2" rise
Handlebars - Yamaha TT - 2002-2008: 10-1/2" pullback 34-1/4" wide 6-1/2" rise
Handlebars - Carlini Supersweeps - 2002-2008: 11-1/2" pullback 31-1/2" wide 9" rise
Handlebars - BRCustomCycles 1.5" ChopperDragBars - 2002-2008: 14" Pullback 34" Wide 4" Rise

Hope this helps. There's more where this came from, and this datacomes from: [anybody want to fill in the blank!!]

·
Registered
845 Posts
in regards to your question i just purchased new barsfrom jpcycles, but i havent yet received them but they are the milwaukee twins super radius TT bars with an 8' rise 32 1/2 " width and 11 1/2" pullback. I can let you know what they feel like and look like once i get them installed on the bike. they are predrilled for wiring and only 129.00 bucks. much cheaper than yamaha and their customer service is great so if you dont like them and they arent damaged they will return your money or exchange if you'd like.

JPCYCLES.COM check em out......

freerider8

·
Registered
861 Posts
Just be careful as the warrior does not have much extra cable. I know the TT bars work fine, but with much else you may have to extend cables, hoses, wires etc. $$$$$

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was thinking about the Wild1 Chubby Low Profile Drag Bar (#W0560M) as I have short arms and need the 14.5" pullback but I'm concerned about all the cable/hose/wire extentions involved.

Has anybody installed these??

Thanks!

-Randy

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I have the Yami TT bars and they are very comfortable.I am 5'9 190lbs.I have riden with shorter and less pull back but these are great.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
nh_warrior said:
I was thinking about the Wild1 Chubby Low Profile Drag Bar (#W0560M) as I have short arms and need the 14.5" pullback but I'm concerned about all the cable/hose/wire extentions involved.

Has anybody installed these??

Thanks!

-Randy

I was looking at the same bars, only found 1 person that installed them from here.

Anyhow, think about tank clearence also. I think the Wild 1 Low Profiles will get

real close, I ended up getting the Yammi "TT"s, didn't whant to chance the clearence

and wanted to see the tach/speedo. Basically I chickened out.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
freerider8 said:
in regards to your question i just purchased new barsfrom jpcycles, but i havent yet received them but they are the milwaukee twins super radius TT bars with an 8' rise 32 1/2 " width and 11 1/2" pullback. I can let you know what they feel like and look like once i get them installed on the bike. they are predrilled for wiring and only 129.00 bucks. much cheaper than yamaha and their customer service is great so if you dont like them and they arent damaged they will return your money or exchange if you'd like.

freerider8

Thanks freerider8, I LOVE the price for sure.. please let me know how they feel.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
freerider8 said:

freerider8

How do you like those bars? I now have the funds and want to buy some.. just can't make up my mind which ones.. wanted Yammi TT bars but they don't have internal wiring..

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
T T bars

OK guys, I have $ for bars now, where should I get them? I would like TT style handlebars with similar measurements as the Yamaha ones but would also like to have internal wiring.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm 6'0" and about 235, and I have the yammi TT bars and absolutely love them. They are so much more comfortable than stock and look so much better (better still powdercoated black). They also do not block the view of the tach or of the speedo, so you are good there. I have drilled them and internally wired them as well. You can't run the wires up the "risers" because they aren't build for internal wiring, but you can drill holes in the top bar and run them internally there.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Re: T T bars

OK, I purchased the Milwaukee super radius TT bars from JPCYCLES and I love them so far. I have yet to be able to ride with them yet cuz I have other mods that I am doing and plus the weather isnt exactly great just yet. I will tell you though that the bars do block my view of the speedo, I think its because I got the ones that have the most pull back on them or rise from the triple trees, 8 1/2. So my only suggestion is to get the ones with less and you should be fine. The bars are drilled for internal wiring too but the left side was real pain in the you know what so after 3 times of trying I ran them outside the bars on that side and just taped them up real good. I am going to see it I can find something to cover them so its not as noticeable. The right side was not as much of an issue, less wires to deal with. If you dont want to cut the wires to splice them for added length then go with something that you can use the stock length, I think that the warrior bend bars will work with stock controls and wiring and the risers and they have more pullback than stock. I forget how much they are but your local dealer can tell you or check the web. cruisercustomizing sells them I think and they are great to deal with too.

Pics are in my gallery if you want to check them out.

Good luck in whatever you decide

chuck

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Re: T T bars

freerider8 said:
OK, I purchased the Milwaukee super radius TT bars from JPCYCLES and I love them so far. I have yet to be able to ride with them yet cuz I have other mods that I am doing and plus the weather isnt exactly great just yet. I will tell you though that the bars do block my view of the speedo, I think its because I got the ones that have the most pull back on them or rise from the triple trees, 8 1/2. So my only suggestion is to get the ones with less and you should be fine. The bars are drilled for internal wiring too but the left side was real pain in the you know what so after 3 times of trying I ran them outside the bars on that side and just taped them up real good. I am going to see it I can find something to cover them so its not as noticeable. The right side was not as much of an issue, less wires to deal with. If you dont want to cut the wires to splice them for added length then go with something that you can use the stock length, I think that the warrior bend bars will work with stock controls and wiring and the risers and they have more pullback than stock. I forget how much they are but your local dealer can tell you or check the web. cruisercustomizing sells them I think and they are great to deal with too.

Pics are in my gallery if you want to check them out.

Good luck in whatever you decide

chuck

I went with the same bars as "freerider8" but I did wire mine internally. Yes I did cut the ends off of the wires in a staggered pattern and then added length to them to accommodate the addtional rise and pullback. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I got them through with no problems the first time. It just takes patience. Sure makes the whole set-up a lot cleaner looking.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts