RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stater in my wife's virago 700 went out and needs replaced (stater is riveted to the ring gear), it is looking like $700 new so far. Does anyone know a good place to find this cheap or a new/used engine at a fair price? considering the bike is only worth $1400 blue book at most I don't want to pay that much for one part, it might be cheaper and easier to replace the engine. I live in Florida, somewhere close or that doesn't charge a arm and leg for shipping would be useful. Thanks for your time and help, have a great day.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Don't know what year your Virago is but I pretty much find everything I need for my '84 Virago XV1000 on Ebay. A quick search of "starter Yamaha virago 700" finds several starters in the price range of under $100 NOS free shipping and used ones for much less. For the price difference,though, I'd buy new.

Here's the
link to the first one listed. Good Luck!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Viragos are notorious for having crappy starters. I had one go out on my XV1100 and found a guy who could actually just fix the existing one. Think it cost about $30

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 86 virago 700.xv just got it.someone put some lame ass exhaust on it.iv been reserching and have read that the pipes should b the same liength .it makes sence .im wondering how long they shhould be for more top end? I just joined this site and im probably asking in the wrong pkace even lol.umm if so can someone ?tell me were to go??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ya i guess then i might b able to findout the how long each pipe is so i can see if u need tohave same same
Ok thnx?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Don't know what year your Virago is but I pretty much find everything I need for my '84 Virago XV1000 on Ebay. A quick search of "starter Yamaha virago 700" finds several starters in the price range of under $100 NOS free shipping and used ones for much less. For the price difference,though, I'd buy new.

Here's the
link to the first one listed. Good Luck!
didn't he say stater?not starter..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts