RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy keeps telling me how fast his car is and how he smokes everyone, he saw my new bike and asked if I wanted to lose any money. so of course I took him up and asked when does he wanna trow down.

My question is will my warrior (bak, pc3, Vance and Hines) take a 266hp sti turbo in a 1/4 miles, 1/8 mile or did I take the wrong bet?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd be careful betting with him... very few STI's are kept stock and that stock 266hp can be turned into 300+ whp, 340+ wtq with a few relatively inexpensive bolt ons and a tune...

edit* source: I drive an STI. Even for the 1/8 mile, AWD launches are no joke.

·
Administrator
28,573 Posts
Welcome aboard jacke, great first post. That car has the advantage however if you are well-versed in drag racing you can beat him if he experiences some quirk or error. The Warrior is built for torque its fun for its bottom end. Its not built for horsepower so its top-end (which is still well above street legal speeds) is not going to be there as with a turbocharged cage . . . or most any 6 or 8 cylinder car . . . in the quarter mile+.

I'd be careful betting with him... very few STI's are kept stock and that stock 266hp can be turned into 300+ whp, 340+ wtq with a few relatively inexpensive bolt ons and a tune...

edit* source: I drive an STI. Even for the 1/8 mile, AWD launches are no joke.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dyno /hp/ torque numbers are a nifty way to put on paper how "fast" any given bike or car is or could be. But in reality they are just numbers on a cool graph.

One thing ALOT of people forget when it comes to street/drag racing is the "balls" factor. How stupid or crazy are you? How hard are you willing to push the envelope? How much do you trust yourself and your ride, your abilities and limitations?

I've seen wins that shouldn't have been possible, but due to giant balls or sheer stupidity happen anyway. I have beaten bikes and cars that I never should have been able to just because I knew I could push a little harder, that comes with time in the seat and being completely in tune with your ride.

Perfect example:
I have an '05 Triumph Speed Triple. Rarely have I encountered any liter bike that can touch me on it. Completely embarrassed a guy on a turbo busa. In no world should I have beaten him, it came down to one variable that no dyno can measure. I trusted my abilities and my bike more than him.

Just another thought on racing in general.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts