RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, among other things I need to replace the Front Forks of a 2006 Yamaha Warrior. Basically, the compete assembly including brake calipers and disk. I will appreciate any information regarding the repair of this motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Poor girl looks to be in pretty rough shape. If the gas tank is in good shape, I'd probably just part it out.

I just did a quick search and it looks like you've been sitting on this bike for at least 4 years. It has the turn stop broken off of the frame, right?

Seeing the pics and seeing what others have already recommended, you're either willing to spend the money (probably upwards of $3k or more) to get her back together or it's best to let her go. There are a ton of Warriors for sale lately that are in far better shape for about what it'll take to get this back to rideable.

Either way, good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are right on spot with the timeframe. I used to start her up each week, but the starter relay gave up. I recently got my hands on one and will replace it as soon as posible and after verifiying the gas tank and replacing fuel will verify if the engine still works. It is basically a slow… very slow project since it was given to me as is. My actual motorcycle is a 2005 Suzuki M50. The plan for the Warrior is to verify if I can repair it since I know it is a great motorcycle, if it is not viable to repair it I have some ideas for it’s engine (Go Cart). But any support will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Right on and good luck!

For the starter relay, make sure it's an OEM one. There's another thread where this is being discussed and it's super important you get the right one. Just because it said it would fit the Warrior does not mean it will work.

For the forks, it might be easier (more affordable) do to an R1 swap as there are lots more R1's out there than RSW's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciated. I will have to get more information (knowledge) regarding the swap. It seems that I will have to search out of Puerto Rico for parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts