RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont remember seeing this on the website previously, and they dont have a picture. it sounds like it could be just like barons rear plate mount, but the difference is that barons is 125.00 Yami's is only 59! now thats my speed! anyone have it, know what it looks like, anyone have a pic they can post? here is a link, and thats all the info i have.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/accessories/AcSCItemDetail.asp?lid=1&cid=2&mid=60&connavid=119&sconnavid=472&Year=All&conid=5&pid=3926

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, no way would i spend 125 with barons on a flat piece of metal bent in the center with a couple holes in it.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, i have the chopped rear fender now. as little of a deal as it is, it still takes away from the rear. i mean you have the cut edge, and looking from treh front, back thru you can see the hole where the light used to be. Just looks junky. plus, if you do something like the UFO kit, and wan tto ditch the stockers, you'll have mount holes back there from where the stocks mounted up. i was planning on making one and still might, but this might be worth buying if its already done up. hard to say. i'd just like to see what it looks like, and might end up having to make one to avoid having Signal mounts on the side of it.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Here it is, and here is mine too..
This kit accomplished three things. It gets rid of the mudflap, moves the tag frame under the taillight and flush mounts the taillight. If you notice on both side pics, the taillight is not sticking out from the fender like it does stock. I modified the stock liner to do this and it was labor intensive. This kit is worth the money IMHO!
Image Insert:

Image Insert:

Image Insert:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Why does the Yami and the Barrons kit have the plate almost horizontal? I like the JPWarrior mod, the plate is in a more natural position.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Gotta have one. I just called my dealer and they don't know anything about it yet but they are supposed to be checking for me. Maybe I can order tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i knew i could count on you guys! JP- Your'e the man. tguidi- it probably isnt as horizontal as it looks although its NOT vertical. but the pic JP posted with the Ti fender obviously the fender is not how it would be on the bike which changes teh look. but JP- did you bend yours a lil different?

thanks, that is well worth 59 bux, but i just dont get why Barons is 120! i do kno wthat the barons comes with a chrome frame and the yami is sold separate.....but that is not worth twice the cost.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Thanks tguidi and audio. The plate mount on the Yamaha set up does indeed angle up more than mine does. Reworking the stock mounting hardware is difficult and required some epoxy, screws, washers, 1/4" aluminum stock, cutting and grinding. I initially had a metal bracket fabbed but the plate mount was too low and caught the rear tire on a large bump and snapped in half. This is prehaps why their plate mount sits up higher-to prevent this. The way mine is now I have no clearance issues. The tag frame is extra on the Yamaha kit. Again if this is available don't waste time it's a really nice touch and the price is right!

BTW that frame on my bike has turnsigs frenched in and that puppy was 140.00 plus the price of a load equalizer. A basic plate frame is about 30.00 so this is still alot cheaper than 120. Does the Barrons kit set the taillight in like this Yamaha kit does?

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not sure JP.

can you clarify what you did. is the mount in the picture on your bike the yami plate mount that you modified to get that angle? or did you have to epoxy, grind,....etc....on the yami kit just to get it IN?!

i assumed it to be a 20 min bolt in job that didnt need any fab work. OH, also, it mentions that you can re-mount your stock sigs. I'm NOT planning on doing this so will i need to cut, grind, or mod it in any way to NOT have funky mounting brackets visible?

thanks JP
i appriciate the info.

·
Registered
889 Posts
when I removed my rear turn signals I put red dash lights in the holes -- they flash too and it doesn't look like anything is missing

1 - 20 of 29 Posts