RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at seats to please the wife for long rides. Has anyone tryed the Corbin solo & pillion or the yamaha dual tour? My wife was ready to pull my hair out after a 250 mile ride on a stock seat.[B)]

·
Registered
92 Posts
gfdffkm, my wife would not go 100 miles on the stock seat. I bought the corbin solo and pillion, she is very happy. It's not great for me because now she wants to ride all the time and I dont ride crazy with her on. There was some posted that the corbin pillion dented there fender, Mine did not. I would do a search to get the details just in case.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just bought a Dualtour, the wife takes her first ride on it tomorrow, I'll let you know. FWIW this is my third Corbin on diff. rides and I have never had a bad one.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
If you have a back rest on the pillion it will dent the fender. I do not know first hand but I spoke w/ corbin and was told the were discontinued because of this problem.
If you want a back rest as of now the only choice is the dual tour

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Daimon,

I got the pillon with the backrest on Friday, finally came in. I put it on at the shop and tested it, had a fat guy sit on it !!! no problem at all. I am not sure where this denting thing comes from. Maybe it was a bad batch or something.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gfdffkm

I am looking at seats to please the wife for long rides. Has anyone tryed the Corbin solo & pillion or the yamaha dual tour? My wife was ready to pull my hair out after a 250 mile ride on a stock seat.[B)]

I can still get a 20% discount from my local yamaha dealer as part of me buying the bike. the three of them add up to ove $700.00 so if you want I Can try and buy a 2nd set from him, even with the shipping you would still save. Let me know if you are interested, anything to help out a fellow warrior.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I have the solo and pillion.It HAS scratched and DENTED the rear fender!! There are severel topics on here about it,do some searching before you buy it.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Mark-XIX

Isle,
Did you use a back rest?
How big was your passenger?

I wonder if they changed the design along the line somewhere. I was well aware of this, and wanted to make sure it will not damage my fender and that is why I tested it right away. It may vary from bike to bike. Crobin has nOT discontinued it.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Corbin has discontinued it, I called them again to make sure. Yamaha has some seats that were ordered in a batch Yamaha will continue to sell them until they are gone is what I was told. Currently if you want a seat Yamaha has the solo and pillion in stock but the back rest is on back order. Again acording to Corbin they dent the fender, I just ordered a Dual Tour b/c of this, I tried to order a aolo and pillion from Corbin, that was the first time I was told they do not make them anymore.
Bis I would watch closley, I do not know what damage or where it happens but everyone I spoke with that had them had some, a dent or scratch.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Thanks Daimon, I will look again. I may even modify it to give it more clearance... But one question, given that this is a Yamaha acessory, if it damages the bike, could you not hold them liable for it?

·
Registered
717 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Bismarck

Thanks Daimon, I will look again. I may even modify it to give it more clearance... But one question, given that this is a Yamaha acessory, if it damages the bike, could you not hold them liable for it?

it definitely does scratch and dent, I returned mine back to Corbin for that reason. I don't think it is necessirly the weight because my daughter is only 90lb. After about 30 days, I began to hear some noise when I started the bike up which mostly went away when I sat on the Bike. I removed the seat and sure enough, the fender was scratched. I noticed that the vibration caused the seat rubbing on the fender.

I think the dent comes from the force on the backrest. When you take off (I know you guys don't do that), the passenger leans on the backrest which then causes the seat push down on the fender.

It was my understanding that both Yamaha and Corbin did replace the fender if you forced the issue. I just don't have time and energy to do that.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Mark-XIX

Isle,
Did you use a back rest?
How big was your passenger?
Mark-XIX,yes I have the backrest and the biggest passenger was the wife at 105lbs.The dents come from the rubber foot pads under the seat and my scratches came from the little tucks of leather around the bottom edge of the seat rubbing on the paint.I have talked to my dealer and they are replacing my rear fender because of it.He hasnt heard anything about the seats being discontinued but he probably hasnt talked to corbin either! ps-my seat is the yamaha-corbin seat.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Folks,

Given that I have not yet began fully using this setup. Can you guys recommend any modification to prevent the damage?

Isle cruiser, you seem to have analyzed this problem very good, can you see any modification that can prevent this, such as a different bracket, or......

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Bismark,I think a piece of 3m clear plastic stick on would prevent the scratches.You could cut it out the shape of the seat and just stick it on when you use the pillion pad.I plan on changing the angle of the backrest.It is angled back out of the pillion pad now.I think if you bent it forward a little it would take a little leverage away and probably make it more comfortable for your passenger.Also you want to put loctite on the screw that holds the backrest in the pillion,it will vibrate loose and roll around on the fender.[dont ask how I know this].

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Thanks Isle cruiser,

I will definitely make a note of this.

On the back rest do you mean to bend it forward so it more leans on the pillon?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Isle if you bend it foward won't the pas. be placing more weight on it? I would be worried you would be increasing the force applied not reducing it????

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I guess I was thinking you would be pushed ahead a little more so you wouldnt be leaned out over the back of the pillion.More pressure down on the seat instead of back on the edge?????

1 - 20 of 32 Posts