RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

is there a site that sells the Yami T-bar for a bit less than normal. In Miami I can go to motoportusa and get one for $153 plus tax. Just curious if you guys have found a cheaper solution.

Xander

·
Registered
512 Posts
I ordered mine from motorsportssuperstore.com and if I remember right they were like $120 to my door. If you go to their website you will get 15% off automatically and then use the rswarrior.com for the discount code.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gee, thanks !

Xander

Edit: When and how do you let the site know about the 10% rswarrior discount? Is there a coupon code or do you just write it in the comments section or something?

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
That's still more than you need to pay for Fat "T" drag bars. T
here are other brands out there that are of equal quality and less expensive.

Comparison:

Yammy "T" Bars (least expensive price I've found is $136.81)
Rise 6-1/2"
Pullback 10-1/2"
Width 34-1/4"

Milwaukee Twins Super Radius Drag Bars $107.99 (J & P Cycles)
Part# ZZ50487
Rise 6"
Pullback 10-1/2"
Width 32-1/2"
(OR)
Part# ZZ50488
Rise 8"
Pullback 11-1/2"
Width 32-1/2"

The quality is very good. The Yammy bars won't allow you to run your electrical wiring internally, but the Milwaukee Twins will and it sure cleans up the look of the bike.
I've placed a link below. Here are some pics of mine also.

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=4D653D78-B4D1-46CA-B400-6C34B4827940

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I quit buying from JP because they put a service charge on every product you buy. Just the principal of it.
By the way, those bars look real good on your bike![/emoticons/emotion-11.gif]

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
If the price is more that $120.78 get a quote from yamahasportsplaza.com/page and then give that to motorsportsuperstore. They'll beat it by 1%.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies,

what I'm looking to go for is a low mean look. That's why I absolutely Loooooove Baron's bomber bars, but I'm affraid I'll have to reach too much. I've already ordered Joker's bar end mirrors to go with whatever bar I decide to get. I don't know if I like the radius look as much as the Yami and Bomber bar angled looks. I feel the angled look goes better with the low ride height, clean look and side mirror route. That being said, can the Yami bar be drilled by the end user to support internal wiring?

Xander

p.s. Completely off topic, but not worth a new topic in my opinion. I was thinking of stripping the paint off of the fenders and the tank, chop 3" off the rear, then with a grinder, "grind" some waves/flames/whatever into the metal, then putting on only clear over it. Combining that with blacked out/polished parts. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
On the Yami "T" Bars it would be easy to drill holes in the bars and in the risers. The problem comes when you go to run the wires. Not all bars have openings where the risers are welded to them. Also most internal wiring bars are deburred some so the wires won't get damaged when running them internally.

Since you've mentioned you're not a fan of the radiused look and you'd like a little more reach, check these out at JP for the same price ($107.00) You can also wire them internally.

Milwaukee Twins "T" Drag Bars
Part# ZZ50489
Rise 6"
Pullback 5-1/2"
Width 33-1/2"

Here's another link:
http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=0656EA63-99B1-4C07-B90C-3D5E3D271640

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pep,

that looks good, but then I'd have same reach problems as the Baron's Bombers 5.5" pullback. I'm 5'11" and fear I'll have to reach too much.

Xander

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just got a set of Yammi Fat T Bars from my local dealer for $112.00! I got em on and they look great, I'm kinda bummed they don't have as much pullback as I thought they would have. I'd like to also go internal wiring on those bars, anyone know if they are open at the welds?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
quote:Originally posted by blueswarrior

I just got a set of Yammi Fat T Bars from my local dealer for $112.00! I got em on and they look great, I'm kinda bummed they don't have as much pullback as I thought they would have. I'd like to also go internal wiring on those bars, anyone know if they are open at the welds?

Theyre not....You can't internally wire the Yamaha TT Bars.

Dave

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The fact that internal wiring was a bit much for me to swallow, being that the end result of my bike is going to be a minimalistic type, I thought I'd go with Parts Unlimited's Standard 1.25". It's got 8" of rise and 7.5" of pullback.
It has to be enough for someone who's 5'11" and lives on a 40 mile long island. It doesn't have the radius shape and it's nice and flat. Perfect for the bar end mirrors. Thanks again for all your inputs. Especially you Pep. Thanks for taking the time.
One last Q. Say that I find the bar sticks up too much. Can I (after taking measurements of tank clearance) chop off a certain amount off of a handlebar ta make it sit lower? Of course taking into consideration that there's also going to be slightly less pullback.

Xander

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
i've been looking at all the different yammy sites and came up with this bit of info :

.com = $160.95
.com.au = $262.00
.co.uk = $279.00
.nl = 280.00

Thats what you call fair competition [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!]

only $120.00 difference !!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts