RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the bars today. Not too big a pain. Pg. 111 of the service manual took all the guess work out of removing the headlight. After that, it was all self explanitory. I did add anti-seize to the riser bolts (not the threads) Even though my bike is new, there was some rust on the factory bolts that came out. Figured that would make an easy removal should I swap them out.

The feel great as far as position, pullback, etc. They do vibrate quite a bit over the stockers though. I'm sure I can weight them a lil if it bothers me much.

clickable thumbs:

Tools:

5, 10mm allen

8, 10, 19mm socket

Phillips

Rubber/soft mallet

A few zip ties.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Looks good, I'm going to be installing the same bars. I have them sitting in a box right now.

Waiting for the mounting hardware.

·
Registered
946 Posts
looks good frankie...I need to post some pictures of my oil cooler...I've been addin ish left and right without posting up pictures..Makes me a lame a$$...but I'll always ante up my techniques...lol...either way...the baron's oil diverter was a pain in the ass...blew the o-ring..had to improvise...holla...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NJWarrior said:
Looks good, I'm going to be installing the same bars. I have them sitting in a box right now.

Waiting for the mounting hardware.

Yours didn't come with the bolts/sleeves?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
kickice24 said:
Yours didn't come with the bolts/sleeves?

I ordered mine through MSSS, they came in the mail about 3 weeks ago but all I

recieved was the bars, no hardware. I contacted MSSS about the problem and they

contacted Yamaha which sent MSSS the hardware and as of last wednesday the hardware

is on its way to me.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have these bars also, I plan on powder coating them black in the next few weeks. Also like kickice24 said, thay seem to vibrate pretty good, has anyone done anything to try to stop some of this vibration? Also It looks like you can cut approximaty 1/2 inch of the ends of the bar, has anyone else done this, and how did it work out?---Thanks

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
You removed the headlight? Is that neccessary for these bars? I installed some 1-1/2" T-Bars and just loosened the two bolts and slapped them on. No headlight removal needed.

Your bars look great! There are companies out on the web that sell chrome zip ties. I picked up a couple from a local bike wrencher and put them on my bars to keep the wires from flopping around. They blendwith the chromeMUCH better than the black ones.

http://www.nopork.com/shop_product.asp?id=BA-8106-00&grp=accessories

Here ya go!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Looking good.I have them on mine and they are great.I dont notice much vibration but im used to it.I have had mine for 3 years with no compaints.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts