RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well you guys can count me in on another recall gone wrong. Got my bike back today after them having it for 2 days & an afternoon...... I had a hard time excepting it with oil spots and smears because it was washed waxed and rewaxed before it went in. But all seemed well ha ha besure to check it over very well before leaving guys trust me on this because my girlfriend and I stopped to get a drink after and thats when I saw it. They left the freakin bolt out to the side cover where the key goes into for the seat and then all the **** scratches on the edge and middle of the brushed silver clutch casing. Needless to say I went back and there ordering a new bolt and cover. But while I was in there I made sure they heard me say ...This is why I dont let people touch my bike..... These people call themselves mechanics... Guess nobody takes pride in there work anymore........ My girlfriend laughed and said thats obvious. The guys behind the counter didnt want to look up at me after, probably afraid id kill them after all this LOL
BTW I will never recommend the only Yami dealer in Concord N.H. Nice way to treat a customer of 11 yrs and 4 bikes.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
No way my hack job of a "Dealer" is getting my bike for the CPS Recall. I called them to make an appt and he said I had to bring it in to get in line, it might be a couple of weeks before they get to it...NO WAY is my bike sitting in their very small shop for more than a half day. It's weird, the TPS recall they did by letting me bring it in the morning of....I rode it out that afternoon.

I'm working on a way to do it myself...Could be cheaper than I thought. I'll post details if it works out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they would have let me do both recalls myself I would have loved it but I asked and they told me no way they have to do it.... **** these guys wont even put a 210 tire on because that wasnt stock and it a liability..... wow 5mm on each side will make so much difference in how it handles I said.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Well, D-Mann I know the dealer and never had them do work for me nor will I ever, but head down south a little to Manchester and visit A1 SportCenter.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Another dealer in NH (not one of the ones Ed mentioned) scratched up my clutch cover during the recalls as well. They left me high and dry in their shop waiting for hours, because they said they had a lot of trouble getting bolts loose, covers off, etc. I didn't yell at them or even complain, 'cause even though it was an inconvenience, I was more concerned with them doing the job correctly. I've called them a couple times and the guy won't return my calls. I'm gonna have to go up there in person, an hour away. Sucks. I could tell after they got done that they were kinda acting squirelly. Couldn't figure out why, until I noticed the scratches a few days later.

I had the same exact thing happen with my snowboard at a ski shop in Acton, Ma. While waxing and edging it, they scratched the crap out of it. I was not fixable, and they wanted me to leave it with them to see if they could fix it or they would do nothing. Yeah right, I'm gonna leave it with the douchebags who f#$ked it up in the first place. Lately it seems to me that not taking pride in your job, not doing things right, and not owning up to mistakes has become the norm, not the exception. All the Yami dealer had to do was say, "sorry, we scratched your cover. We'll get you a new one"...I would not have so much as raised my voice.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually Darkstar A-1 fixed a prob that concord created awhile back from the transmision recall but then again my friend Danny use to work there but no longer does and concord called me and said the recall parts were in and I figured since they have there new place I would try them one last time...... NEVER again I actually live in Derry and had it in mind to have them do it and I should have.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Took mine in in March for the recalls and they took one look at it and said I had too much custom work done to it and didn't want to touch it. They did give me all the stuff to do it myself so I guess I should thank them for being honest.
I wish I had a camera with me, you should have seen the look on the mechanic's face when he walked out to get my bike. Like oh man I don't want to touch that thing. Priceless! He did a 180 right back in to get the service manager.
I still haven't gotten around to do it yet!!!

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
The worst thing is they don't give a **** if you are happy or not.

Some day someone will start a motorcycle service chain that does reliable work at an affordable price and they will get unbelievably rich.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Recalls at my local dealer have gone very well. They have me a list somewhere for the latest recalls and I will get them done someday. I think the mechanic likes warriors and puts them to the front of the line. Last time I had a tire replaced, took all of about 1 hr and there was another guy waiting there.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well Allsmiles ,I guess 1 out of 7 is a wounderful percentage! The only way any sorry ass dealer will ever touch my bike again is if I am stranded somewhere, and YES to you guy's that have had all the good luck with the dealer pricks! Just be thankful for your good luck,but your time a at the whippin post will come around if you have to keep dealing with the stealership[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] LIKE JamesD said they for the most part don't give a ****! I literally sold five roadstar"s for the dealer I bought my 2000 roadstar from ,they want even give me a 10% discount on parts[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!] PLEASE DONT ANYBODY BRING THIS TO THE CONFERENCE TABLE AGAIN < I GET MAD< SICK < can't sleep,or do normal functions.. ever time I think of the different dealership that have mess up my different bike thru the YEARS[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!][V][xx(][/emoticons/emotion-6.gif][B)][B)] I got a 02 and 03 warrior... 1[:0] recall was too0oooo much for me,,,,,[xx(] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
I just went down and bought the parts for the recall...26 bucks! I'll do it myself...Not letting some care less know it all kid work on my stuff. I have found the same don't care rush to make money, attitude, in the rv industry yesterday also...I just bought a toy hauler, and the sevice guy dosen't know squat about the ac or generator...geeze man!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have been happy with my dealer so far. Britt Motorsports in Wilmington NC, but they are the place that builds the custom Yamahas that have been in the magazines, so I expect no less.

·
Registered
800 Posts
That is a good deal....$160 worth of parts for $26?! You must know somebody...

quote:Originally posted by Ross

I just went down and bought the parts for the recall...26 bucks! I'll do it myself...Not letting some care less know it all kid work on my stuff. I have found the same don't care rush to make money, attitude, in the rv industry yesterday also...I just bought a toy hauler, and the sevice guy dosen't know squat about the ac or generator...geeze man!

·
Registered
982 Posts
I had mine done 2/04 & all is still well. No leaks or damage at all. As a mechanic myself, recalls piss us off in general because they NEVER pay what the work is worth. If I were a Yamaha tech I would'nt want do it for what it pays so that breeds apathy. They just want to get it done & move on to something that pays.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
quote:Originally posted by condrons

I'm working on a way to do it myself...Could be cheaper than I thought. I'll post details if it works out.

It did and it's cheap!!!

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=57315

1 - 17 of 17 Posts