RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and I are into restoring and hotrodding old cars and we have a few Studs that we will be working on soon. I guess there's a big show in york all this week. We were talkin bout taking a ride down there on the bikes (from Tyrone, pa. bout 2.5 hours)

I know it's a long shot but any of you local guys gonna go check out the show?

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Not going to the show but I did own a 53 Commander I used for a beater. Small V8. Thats a joke,the motorweighed about 800 # & was about 232 cu in. Hardest steering car I ever owned. Thesteering wheelshake was awesome at about 60 mph & probably due in part to thescab rubber I had on it.Had a 3 speed with OD. It also had the hill holding feature when the clutch was in. I had many problems with that feature keeping the brakes on all the time.

Scariest moment: Had some running problems & was going about 35 when the engine stumbled. I was just about to pass the street I lived on so I rocked the cornerto head for home. Leaning on the door thefriggin thing popped open. (severe body flex) No seat belt & my butt was about dragging the ground. Hanging on the wheel & door & still in a turn she bounced over the curb, just missed a light pole with the door which would have crushed me, went over thesidewalk & down about 3 feet into a vacant lot.Finally pulled myself up on the seat & hit the brakes. Walked the lot looking for tree stumps etc & drove it through out to the alley & back to the house. I seriously considered driving it to the scrap yard & having it crushed.

I once saw a guy at a swap meet wearing a T shirt that read. " I own 7 Studebakers" I still smile about that when I think of it.

Thanks for the trip back in time.

Some folks think motorcycles are scary. hahahaha.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha wow, sounds like one serious ride. I'll post some pics of the rusting studs sitting in my drive. lol and the one that we're about half done with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts