RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, when I replaced my crush washer the other day due to the rear drain plug leaking, I found something interesting. Looking underneath the bike below the rear oil drain plug, look up towards where I am thinking the rear of the oil tank is at. There is what looks like a drain hole to me; becaue I had a few drops of a redish looking liquid coming out of it. Any thoughts as to what drain hole that is? It's a small hole BTW.

Good luck telling me what it is.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
Re: You Warrior braniacs who know every inch of the bike; gota ?

Check the oil in the middle shaft drive. Right side of bike. The oil there is often red.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts

Howdy Buddy!,

You sure it's a hole? as appose to the end of a hose that you might be looking up into? where's yourcylinder head breather hoseventing to? a filter...was it rerun down and out the backside somewhere possibly?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

gchalifo said:
Howdy Buddy!,

You sure it's a hole? as appose to the end of a hose that you might be looking up into? where's yourcylinder head breather hoseventing to? a filter...was it rerun down and out the backside somewhere possibly?

It looks like a hole; a metal hole, as I can see the aluminum showing. My breather hose ishooked back up to stock airb box under the tank. I had a krank vent hooked up to it, but I have been running the stock configuration for a while.

I would take a picture of this hole, but there is no way my camera could focus in that far into the bike. Like I said, it looks as if it's directly behind the oil tank or right above the transfer case assembly. Is there a blow line for excess transfer case oil to come out of?

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts

your looking at it - tell us so we all know - thats the great thing about this 4m.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts

Well, I'll guess,so long as it doesn't cost anything... Hard to say without pictures... The battery box has a couple drain holes in it, so does the swing arm. What do I win if I'm right??

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

If I remember right there is a 90 deg elbow back there that looks just like the one coming out of the cover on top of the rear jug on the right side, You may just be seeing the bottom of that. The hole in it faces the ground is 3/8 or so. It is the vent for the transfer case I think.

·
Registered
357 Posts

Coincidentally I am tearing down my bike for various moads, including a 240. Since it's rearely this stripped down, I thought I would give it a good wash in areas that don't often see soap water. I took a picture. Let me know if this is the place and where it is, or if I need to shoot from another angle.

Xander

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts

your not talking about the hole in the frame are you -

·
Super Moderator
5,781 Posts

I'm wondering what that bolt is above and to the right of the hole you see in the frame.

·
Registered
357 Posts

That green bolt is one of the 6 bolts that hold the forward pulley inner shroud/output shaft support in place. It's removed to start on the nude pulley mod ;-)

·
Super Moderator
5,781 Posts

Thanks, I plan on doing the same mod. Maybe this summer. Are you going to cut the bracket yourself,or are you going to get a machinist to cut it. Not trying to change the subject, just trying to find out the easy way to do it.

·
Registered
357 Posts

Dunno yet. Depends how easy it is to work the air tool. I'll be starting shortlywith the first steps of grinding the swingarm. If I find it easy, I'll do it myself.

Xander

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

ok here is a pic. You can see the rear shock to the left and follow the wet stuff to the hole (uh
)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

nobody knows what it is?

·
Registered
571 Posts

I can't say forsure but it almost look like like an overflow. Not sure how you would keep the dirt out. Is there threads in the hole? hard to tell from the pic.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

No threads that I can see.

Maybe MD-82 can look at his, since he has his bike on the lift.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts