RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I'd start a thread about first bikes. What model, year etc. No need to list everything you've owned. Just the one you broke your cherry on.

Pics are a plus.

Not sure that I still have any pics of mine laying around but my first was a 1976 Yamaha XS650 twin I bought when I was 21. It had some crazy custom in-laid metal flake/flame paint job you'd only see in the 70's. It was a bit of a basket case but it was mine. Wrecked it around 35-40 mph 3 months after I got it and it was done.

I actually learned on a buddy's 81 cb400 Honda Hawk. Rode it around for a month or two before I bought the 650 twin.

1972_yamaha_xs650.jpg

·
Registered
883 Posts
A big wheel, with a 16 inch front wheel...Man I loved that thing. lol

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
first street type bike was a 1973 Honda xl 250 enduro street and trail ,very fun bike and way simpler days for sure . that was way back in 1978 man remember it like yesterday but looking at numbers it was so long ago. btk572

·
Registered
883 Posts
Love it! So so true.
It was my first mod too. I lined up the front tire with tire tubes so the front wouldn't slip. I took off while the others just kept slipping...hahahaha

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
early sixties we didnt have plastic tricycles, we had hard core naked trikes, real steel ,lol we talkin bikes trikes motor bikes where the heellllllll we starting from here hehehhehe, btk572

1 - 20 of 65 Posts