RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
1978 Yamaha XS650, cafed out
Ahhh yes, the 1978 xs650 was the best year. I got more looks with this than the warrior. Got her back in 2004 as a basket case and sold in 2008. Regret it to this day.

·
Registered
219 Posts
My first motorcycle was Yamaha XVS 400 Drag Star 1996 year.
One and a half month I went on it and sold - bought Warrior.

RDV RUSSIA

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
AJS 500 with straight through popup and chrome tank, no photos.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My warrior was my first, not counting my Yami 80cc dirt bike I had as a kid. Never really understood why anyone should get a smaller bike to learn on when you can get a warrior right away. :D

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Not quite a big wheel but close. An '88 Yamaha TW200. Freaking loved that bike back then

·
Registered
282 Posts
'79 Yamaha XS1100 special. Smooth and strong, great bike. I guess since I started out on this bike it must be why I have been craving another inline four recently.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
'79 Yamaha XS1100 special. Smooth and strong, great bike. I guess since I started out on this bike it must be why I have been craving another inline four recently.
I loved this bike. Got one in early 80 (Black with gold metal flake).

2nd best next to my Warrior

I only got to ride it for 10 months 14k miles before it was peeled off the front of a 66 Bonneville. Knucklehead turned in front of me at an intersection. Damned hard car.....cost me 3 broken bones in my left leg...

Bike ran great!!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
first street type bike was a 1973 Honda xl 250 enduro street and trail ,very fun bike and way simpler days for sure . that was way back in 1978 man remember it like yesterday but looking at numbers it was so long ago. btk572
The xl 250 (not sure what year) was the first bike I ever rode (not until 2000 when i was old enough) My dad bought it new. And it's still running.

First bike I owned was a 1980 cx500.

Brian

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

21 - 40 of 67 Posts