RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked out a 2004 Warrior today that has been garaged and sitting for a long time. The bike only has 4500 miles on it. It did fire up and sounded pretty good but that was sitting with no load on it.

It was packed in tight in a garage and not that easy to see but from what I could see of it, it needs at a minimum the following....

Needs tires first off. They are shot.
Front fork seals are shot.
Front brakes are shot. (Soaked with fork oil.)
Needs a battery.
Needs a major cleaning and polishing.

It does have a Vance and Hines exhaust. It does have a sissy bar. Looks like aftermarket bars on it too. Its not beat up or scratched up.

Guy is asking $2600 but sounds like he will come down in price. I know other things are going to pop up on this bike that are going to need repaired and I do not mind fixing a bike. But I am not really familiar with a Warrior so I thought I may ask you guys that are.

What do you guys think of this bike? Worth going after or not?

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
It's worth it.
Hit him at 2k and see what happens....

Battery is not alot..
Tires will probably be the more $$ .
This bikes are bulletproof...

Go for it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
28,212 Posts
Tires battery oil spark plugs filters maybe bulbs fuses and battery / starter cables and control cables and brake fluid and middle drive oil and brake kits and a belt and . . . ahh man this is gonna be awesome taking a garaged beast back to being a Beast!!

You might need to offer $2k in order to have the $1k cash for parts and repairs but you can do it mostly all in your garage over winter and roll it out in spring.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was originally wanting something to ride this fall because thats when my wife and I like to ride the most. But I could roll it up into the livingroom and work on it over the winter. Next to the fireplace is nicer than my garage!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How is the rear shock on these bikes? Think Im going to have to rebuild it due to age and sitting?

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
Bro ...
Dont take it wrong...
But what else are u looking for?.?
Wanna buy it buy it...
Dont feel it's worth it
Than dont buy it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im looking at everything! Always looking for bikes. Just dont want to pick this one up and if I sell it next year, I end loosing my ass on it. I like to at least break even on a project bike. Most of them I normally make money on. Or at least a little bit.

So from what you guys are saying, it seems worth getting my hands on. There is nothing on it I can't fix.

What would one like this be worth once brought back to a respectable riding condition? $3000 or $4000 ??

·
Registered
341 Posts
What would one like this be worth once brought back to a respectable riding condition? $3000 or $4000 ??
$3k - $3.5k in the winter. $4k - $4.5k in the summer. You won't lose money on it if you can do the work yourself.

Did you look in the gas tank? If she's sat for 5+ years with old nasty gas in her then the tank might be rusty and/or full of sludge.

I would offer $1,500 but be willing to go up to $2k. People with stored bikes generally just want them gone so he might jump on the $1,500.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Go for it. And start at 1500. 2000 is still a good deal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,262 Posts
$2,000 is still a good price as I am pretty sure it will fire and run fine.
Tires will set you back the most $$$$.
Fork rebuilt $$$
Battery $$
Fluids $

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We are very slowly going back and forth on the price. He came down a little but not much. I hit him at $2000 and explained my reasons why. I will see what he says. Anything over 2 grand, I may pass on it. I have done a number of bikes the same way so I know what it could be like getting a bike that has sat as much as this one has.
Thanks for the info guys. I will let you know what happens.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And it will fire up and run. Actually sounded pretty good and from what I could see and smell in the fuel tank, it was not bad.
From what he told me, the bike was test ran down the street and back a year ago.

·
Premium Member
3,262 Posts
Needs tires first off. They are shot.
Front fork seals are shot.
Front brakes are shot. (Soaked with fork oil.)
Needs a battery.
Needs a major cleaning and polishing.
Motor wise they are strong. Fluids and fresh gas and ride that day.
Tires might be serviceable till funds come in.
Brakes in the front could be a set of pads which are cheap.
Fork seals I paid $150 to get them done.
Battery $80.
Now with the haggling, show up with $2100 in hand and I bet you he won't turn you down.

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
Not to sound like a A$$ but
We all answer ur questions
And gave advice.....

Dont knw what else you want to hear..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts