RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new to me 2005 Warrior just cracked 1400kms! It has had dealer oil changes every 2 years prior to me purchasing it in January and i have no idea what they used (7 oil changes in 14 years and under 500kms) What is the absolute best oil to use? The temp here in the summer is usally between 77-90.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Honestly it's all preference. Everyone has a preference (more times than not it is preference over actual facts), but I personally won't put anything but amsoil products in any of my vehicles. Cars, bikes, atvs, etc.. I Get everything at wholesaler price so that helps, and no other company carries a warranty like they do, that I've seen thus far. Again that's my personal preference.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I like spectro golden 4 20-40.
A local shop turned me onto them.
It can be hard to find, so you may have to order a case of 12.
Fringe benefit is that the bottles are 1ltr not 1qt, so an oil and filter change uses exactly 4 bottles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
747 Posts
I like spectro golden 4 20-40
My favorite oil. My only semi scientific test, was having an engine run in a street strip bike with roller bearing crank for 20,000 miles of dragstrip use and dyno runs and a bunch of street use that included as many wheelies as possible with a few good rolling burnouts thrown in for good measure.

When the crank was trued and welded, the crank shop said the bearings were fine. I told them to just blow the $50 each for the 5 bearings and install the new bearings while it was disassembled, just so there were no issues. They reported there was no reason to replace the bearings as they were perfect / run out was well within specification.

Same bike was later used in the Nitrous Oxide Systems ad in 1991 to 1993. The last iteration of that bike produced 218 Hp.

Results not typical. Your mileage may vary. May cause bleeding from the eyes, nose, mouth, and rectum and possible death.

Attachments

·
Administrator
27,731 Posts
If it's a wet clutch motorcycle oil its gonna be fine. The stock YamaFoam oil does fine for many riding types and environments. Most any full synthetic for motorcycle / wet clutch will do great. I still use Amsoil MCV 20W50 (Bosch 3323 no longer fits they changed it). It still looks and feels good after 7000 miles and I think I might have gone longer but dont recall right now. The Amsoil guarantee is unique (and the prior design Bosch filter met all bike specs and was built for double miles or more). What the heck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts